Happy Happy HAPPY Birthday to Regina Resnik
Cordiali Saluti
2006-08-30 11:16:30 UTC
Every year it is always my pleasure to celebrate with you the
birthday (August 30, 1922) of dear Regina Resnik, one of the greatest
artists in opera history; those of you who have read me for several
years will recall that I have always considered Regina, whom I have
known for 45 years, as a totally UNIQUE artist,in that I cannot think
of ANY other opera star who has been a singer (two vocal
categories:soprano and mezzo), producer, director, filmmaker, coach,
teacher, musical comedy star,.....(I forgot...great COOK!)
If anyone reads the many books written,for example, in
Germany, she is placed in the "Nilsson-Moedl-Varnay" category, and her
reputation world-wide is legendary in opera circles. When I prepared
her 50th Anniversary album (for Premiere Opera), I stated in my notes
that her name was surely most appropriate, as a true "Regina" in the
opera world. Fifteen years later, she still reigns!!!
With greatest
affection,

Charlie
Mrs T xx
2006-08-30 18:04:48 UTC
But was she as good as dear, legendary CHERYL STUDER?

Enquiring minds want to know :-)

Mrs T xx
Cordiali Saluti
2006-08-30 18:37:07 UTC
Post by Mrs T xx
But was she as good as dear, legendary CHERYL STUDER?
Enquiring minds want to know :-)
Mrs T xx
Cheryl WHO?????????????????????????????????Is she the one who
understudied Britney Spears????Ch
Dr Anton Phibes
2006-08-30 19:23:27 UTC
Post by Mrs T xx
But was she as good as dear, legendary CHERYL STUDER?
Enquiring minds want to know :-)
Mrs T xx
========
How many days to go before her next birthday?

Phibes
Dr Anton Phibes
55 days to go!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs T xx
2006-08-30 19:32:35 UTC
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
========
How many days to go before her next birthday?
Phibes
--------
55 days to go!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh, how time flies. Without our friend the Troll to remind us then
I'd almost forgotten that her birthday was fast approaching again!

"In just fifty-five days time we will celebrate the birthday of dear
CHERYL STUDER
and those of you well acquainted with her innumerable performances,
live and from the studio, will understand my enthusiasm, since she
represents a link with the great singers in opera history.

A VERY HAPPY 51st BIRTHDAY TO THE MAGNIFICENT CHERYL STUDER AND MAY SHE
BE BLESSED WITH GOOD HEALTH AND HAVE MANY MORE IN THE YEARS TO COME"

(Yawn)

Mrs T xx
Silverfin
Mrs T xx
t***@webtv.net
2006-08-30 23:57:25 UTC
Post by Silverfin
Actually I quite miss the StuderTroll.
Seconded.

Well, at least in comparison to certain...uh....specimens I have
occasion to address, here, said Troll is an extra-fine and likeable
gentleman.

LT
Post by Silverfin
Post by Mrs T xx
^>
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
========
How many days to go before her next birthday?
Phibes
--------
55 days to go!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh, how time flies. Without our friend the Troll to remind us then
I'd almost forgotten that her birthday was fast approaching again!
Yes, at this rate, she's got to be about 127 y.o. if she's a day.
Mrs T xx
REG
2006-08-31 00:20:58 UTC
I actually have enjoyed the Studer Troll at times....some response are
pretty funny. It's clear that English isn't his first language, and I like
(in a genuine sense) the kind of 'flavoring' that the use of the language
has sometimes.
Post by Silverfin
Actually I quite miss the StuderTroll.
Post by Mrs T xx
^>
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
Post by Dr Anton Phibes
========
Mrs T xx
Stephen Jay-Taylor
2006-09-02 03:34:41 UTC
"It's clear that English isn't his first language, and I like (in a genuine
sense) the kind of 'flavoring' that the use of the language has sometimes."

Just how I feel about you......

SJT
REG