Happy Birthday to Dear Regina Resnik
Charlie Handelman
2004-08-29 20:37:51 UTC
In one of the next Opera News magazines, you will see a special feature on
four great divas:Zinka Milanov,Renata Tebaldi,Kiri Te Kanawa, and Regina
Resnik, whose birthday we celebrate on Aug.30. Regina in particular celebrates
this year the 60th anniversary of her Met debut, and she will be honored in
various ways,including a special program on October 20, at Lincoln Center's
Kaplan Playhouse.
Over the years I have written extensively on Regina's many
accomplishments, and without reviewing all of them (I do not have enough
space),suffice to say that her name and reputation in the music world has been
something extraordinary;she is still as busy as ever in her capacity as
coach,teacher,director,and her various programs called "Regina Resnik Presents"
have been acclaimed,with her Kurt Weill special scheduled to appear later this
year on television.
Have a listen to some of the recordings available to the
public,such as her great Sieglinde,Fricka,Klytaemnestra,Quickly,Queen of
Spades,etc. and you get some idea of her phenomenal talent, although you really
had to see her live on stage to totally appreciate her genius. I also think
that the recently released 2 CD set on Decca will help to reinforce my praise
of her tremendous talent.
I am most privileged to have known Regina for over 45 years,and I wish
the happiest of birthdays to a very great lady.

Charlie
My best, Charlie.

My Website dedicated to the vocal art and information for
ordering free live opera catalog located at:

http://www.handelmania.com
Richard VanDerBeets
2004-08-29 20:56:13 UTC
Post by Charlie Handelman
Over the years I have written extensively on Regina's many
accomplishments
In what opera publications has all this extensive writing been published? Has
it been collected in book form and if so, who is the publisher?

Oh wait. Do you mean all this extensive writing has been limited to RMO posts?

Oh, dear.

RVDB
"Ask you what provocation I have had?
The strong antipathy of good to bad." -- Pope
Jim
2004-08-30 01:45:42 UTC
Post by Richard VanDerBeets
Oh wait. Do you mean all this extensive writing has been limited to RMO posts?
Oh indeed no. The same stuff he posts here is posted (pretty much
without alteration) everywhere opera is discussed on the Internet.
It's impossible to escape, save with the most sophisticated filters
and spam blocks.
CHSIII
Well, the same snots are still around, I see.
Charlie Handelman
2004-08-31 02:13:24 UTC
Well, the same snots are still around, I see.

I see they are still at it...Do they REALLY think that their evil and stupid
posts ever had the slightest effect on me?
But they read me..make no mistake..they cannot help it...Thesebare the kind of
people who mean absolutely nothing to good people....and let them rant and rave
on....they are really the sickest cretini in captivity..ch

http://www.handelmania.com
Jim
2004-08-31 10:03:52 UTC
Post by Charlie Handelman
I see they are still at it...Do they REALLY think that their evil and stupid
posts ever had the slightest effect on me?
Obviously they do, since you never miss a chance to respond, even
though supposedly, you have everyone blocked and killfiled.
Jim