Viva Oropesa
Cubdriver
2007-10-06 21:11:33 UTC
At the Wednesday performance of Figao, Lisette Oropesa subbed for the
scheduled Susanna. I cannot imagine what it would be like, to be this
young person thrust onto that great stage, in front of 4,000 people,
not to mention Sirius satellite radio.

Lisette is a lovely young woman with plump cheeks and a nonstop smile,
who seemed to be channeling Beverly Sills. Surely Susanna is a very
difficult soprano role: she's on stage more than anyone else, and
always at full throttle. Lisette can't be more than 25 (she's a Young
Artist at the Met) but she handled herself like, well, like a trouper.
Cute kid! We may hear more from her. http://www.lisetteoropesa.com/

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollins www.FlyingTigersBook.com
gggg gggg
2022-12-01 07:04:33 UTC
http://www.musicweb-international.com/Classrev/2022/Nov/Oropesa-french-PTC5186955.htm