Cavalleria Revisited
Everhard Wlaschiha
2007-10-28 16:16:05 UTC
I rarely see the same opera with same cast
withing a week (I have not done that since I saw every Met Milanov
performance I could, despite Kurt Baum. However last night i had the
pleasure (again) of seing the City Opera Cavalleris with irina
Rindzuner and Kip Wilborn, and again it was a thrilling experience.She
has one of the great voices in my experience...brilliant tone
throughout the range, a stage personality...Italianate!!!!!
These two artists came "from left field" to my
ears last week and let me tell you..you will be hearing more of them
soon. Irina does the vocal part in the City Ballet "Russian Seasons"
and 4 Minnies in April at Di Capo in NY.Do NOT miss her!@!!!!
I am sending you their links and hope you will
become as thrilled with them eventually as i have. I met them both for
the first time, and it turns out that Kip studies ith my excellent
teacher, Gregory Lamar. He has a bright and clear ringing dramatic
tenor voice, looks great on stage, and is another of the fine tenors
we are hearing lately. What a joy to find these fine new voices.
One cute thing..I met the Mamma Lucia,Susan
Nicely, and we laughed together (not that she liked the staging) that
she is my "testimonial for Ambien" because she never wakes up during
the screaming and yelling during "Viva il vino" but then hears "Mamma'
and wakes up..and the people always laugh........
Nice to make two new "diva/divo buddies."
Wait till I play her Marim Lynn and i have to play Kip the Bonisolli
speeches!!!!

Kip: http://www.kipwilborn.com/home.html

Irina: htp://www.encompassarts.com/soprano/Irina_rindzuner

Ain't opera good
stuff??????? Charlie
Virginia Zeani
2007-10-28 17:01:25 UTC
Post by Everhard Wlaschiha
[...]
Dear Irina and Susan and Kip, do not ever lend Handleman any money. If
you do ever lend Handleman any money pleas do it before a notary
public with a photographer present. Best policy is never do it. But
Handleman will find a way to screw you anyway. One way is to claim he
is your friend. He do it over and over and over until your reputation
is in the sewer. Handleman's "friendship" is the kiss of death.
Believe you me.
V.Z.
REG
stuff??????? Charlie
Ortrud Jones
2007-10-29 01:08:19 UTC
Post by REG
Well, this is exciting. I wil definitely do to the Fanciullas (even though I
worry for her a little in this tough role so early) and the City Ballet.
Who gives a shit what you are concerned about, moron?

-Ortrud Jones
Everhard Wlaschiha
2007-10-29 02:06:19 UTC
Post by Ortrud Jones
Post by REG
Well, this is exciting. I wil definitely do to the Fanciullas (even though I
worry for her a little in this tough role so early) and the City Ballet.
Who gives a shit what you are concerned about, moron?
-Ortrud Jones
Mariusz and i have nice photos together..you jealous piece of
shit....ch
Ortrud Jones
2007-10-29 03:43:40 UTC
Post by Everhard Wlaschiha
Post by Ortrud Jones
Post by REG
Well, this is exciting. I wil definitely do to the Fanciullas (even though I
worry for her a little in this tough role so early) and the City Ballet.
Who gives a shit what you are concerned about, moron?
-Ortrud Jones
Mariusz and i have nice photos together..you jealous piece of
shit....ch
I'm suprised he didn't slam his dressing room door in your face like
Pape did. Not a problem, my pookie Mariusz will soon learn all about
the opera clown!

-Ortrud Jones
Everhard Wlaschiha
2007-10-29 05:16:00 UTC
Post by Ortrud Jones
Post by Everhard Wlaschiha
Post by Ortrud Jones
Post by REG
Well, this is exciting. I wil definitely do to the Fanciullas (even though I
worry for her a little in this tough role so early) and the City Ballet.
Who gives a shit what you are concerned about, moron?
-Ortrud Jones
Mariusz and i have nice photos together..you jealous piece of
shit....ch
I'm suprised he didn't slam his dressing room door in your face like
Pape did. Not a problem, my pookie Mariusz will soon learn all about
the opera clown!
-Ortrud Jones
Pape never slammed anything...mariusz and all of us met in the garage
and had fun..something you could not do..but we do have a few creepos
out there every night..you would fit in....

he is so sweet..ch
Everhard Wlaschiha
2007-10-29 15:03:01 UTC
Post by Everhard Wlaschiha
[...]
stuff??????? Charlie- Hide quoted text -
YES...She is the real thing.....I think she might be the only
":Itaianate" diva around..except for Angela..who is inaudible much of
the time.

Irina is so sweet...I hope she can visit me soon..i want her to hear
mari Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CH
JKH
2007-10-29 13:56:35 UTC
Post by Everhard Wlaschiha
One cute thing..I met the Mamma Lucia,Susan
Nicely, and we laughed together (not that she liked the staging) that
she is my "testimonial for Ambien" because she never wakes up during
the screaming and yelling during "Viva il vino" but then hears "Mamma'
and wakes up..and the people always laugh........
Nice to make two new "diva/divo buddies."
Wait till I play her Marim Lynn and i have to play Kip the Bonisolli
speeches!!!!
Will a translation be provided in due course?

JKH
Mark
2007-10-29 15:44:22 UTC
Post by JKH
Will a translation be provided in due course?
JKH
This is special New York City insider cult fan dialect. You must first
master the fine art of name-dropping before you can begin to
comprehend it.
clem
2007-10-30 01:17:06 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by JKH
Will a translation be provided in due course?
JKH
This is special New York City insider cult fan dialect. You must first
master the fine art of name-dropping before you can begin to
comprehend it.
Mark - Do you know the song from "Bells are Ringing" called "Drop that
Name"?
Quite apt here...

Paul
gggg gggg
[...]